As a gamer, you must be looking for the best bang for your buck, high-quality, decent responsiveness, comfortable and stylish gaming keyboard. That’s the top concern of every gamer including me. Well, I’ve got the Logitech G Pro Keyboard for you today.
You might be wondering, is the Logitech G Pro keyboard any good? Don’t dwell on it too much because that’s exactly what I’m here to tell you.
In this article, I’m going to talk about the Logitech G Pro keyboard, its features, pros and cons along with the design, construction and everything in between. So, sit back, relax and read this article till the end if you want to make a proper gaming keyboard buying decision.
In a hurry? Get the Logitech G Pro Keyboard on Amazon!
Table of Contents
Design and Build Quality
The Logitech G Pro is a TKL design keyboard which is compact in construction and looks fairly decent. The design is pretty amazing and the overall structure of the keyboard is pretty gaming-forward in my opinion.
The keyboard is made of high-quality plastic material and there is little to no flex in it, which makes sure that the build quality of this keyboard is quite high and it will keep you company for a long time to come.
It also comes with large rubber feet to keep the keyboard in place as well as two level raised feet which allow you to sit the keyboard according to the height you’re comfortable with.
One thing that I’m not a huge fan of, in the design of the keyboard is the large area of space over the top keyframe of the keyboard. To me, it’s a little bit too excessive and it takes a lot of extra space on the keyboard. Other than that, it is a really well-designed keyboard.
Decent ABS keycaps and RGB Backlight
The keycaps of the Logitech G Pro are made of ABS plastic and they’re fairly decent in my opinion. The legend imprint is pretty great and the keycaps feel super-smooth to press as well.
The keyboard comes with individual key RGB backlighting and there are a lot of different patterns, color combinations and special effects that you can choose from.
The overall quality of the RGB backlight is pretty epic. The colors along with the lighting, the brightness and everything in between is high-quality and the overall experience will be great even if you use the keyboard in low-light conditions so that’s great about this keyboard.
Smooth Key press and Romer-G Switches
As we smooth before, the key press is fairly smooth when it comes to the Logitech G Pro keyboard. The ABS keys are sleek and decent, housing the Romer-G mechanical switches within them.
The key switches used by this keyboard are the Romer-G variation of the GX Blue Mechanical switches. They’re highly responsive, easily pressable, have a high actuation point and offer decent tactile feedback.
These switches are very clicky and the key stabilization is above par too. You’re going to definitely have an amazing time pressing these keys. This is one thing the Logitech G Pro absolutely nails. But one bad thing is that these keys aren’t able to house generic Cherry MX switches if you want to switch to them – pun intended.
Detachable Micro USB Power Cable
Another cool thing about the Logitech G Pro keyboard is the detachable Micro USB cable that comes with it. The cable is quite long and is very well protected and insulated to withstand rigorous usage.
The cable can be detached whenever required but it won’t come off on its own since it features two holding pieces at the edges which keep the cable stabilized. This helps the keyboard be easily portable once you remove the cable and pack everything individually.
Incredible Features of the Logitech G Pro Keyboard
There are a lot of amazing features that come with the moderately priced Logitech G Pro keyboard. Let’s take a look at all of the features and benefits that come with it so we can make our final buying decision easily.
- TKL Design – One amazing feature that comes with the ten-keyless design of the Logitech G Pro Keyboard is the compactness and small-form-factor. It can fit in any gaming setup because of its small size but at the same time, it isn’t that small that it becomes difficult to actually use it.
- 26-key Rollover – If you’re worried about key-ghosting, don’t be. This keyboard comes with 26-key rollover which allows you to type any macro and perform any in-game operation without being concerned about command ghosting. All your keys will be registered and you won’t have any problem whatsoever.
- Portability – Due to the small form factor and the detachable cable, the keyboard is incredibly portable. The portability allows the keyboard to be taken from one place to another if you’re in love with your own keyboard and don’t want to play on anything else.
- Ergonomic Adjustability – When it comes to the rubber feet or the raised ergonomic support under the keyboard, it is available in two steps which allows you to place the keyboard at your desired height so that you can avoid any muscle strain and easily use your keyboard without a problem.
- Multimedia Controls – From F9 to F12, there are different multimedia controls and options available on this keyboard. Along with that, there are volume controls on the right part of the keyboard. There are also brightness control and Game mode buttons on the right top corner of the Logitech G Pro keyboard.
One of the best things about this Logitech keyboard along with many others in their G lineup is the availability of programmability. Using the proprietary software, you can change the controls as you like.
You can give different functions to the Function keys and change their default functions. There’s also the option of placing macros on different keys on the keyboard making your keyboard perfectly according to your liking and usage which is great in my opinion and should definitely be praised.
Logitech G Hub Software
The Logitech G Hub is the proprietary customization and manipulation software offered by the developers at Logitech which can be used to control the keyboard, the keys, the lighting and much more.
The interface of the software is quite smart and easy to use. The G Hub software allows you to change the patterns and the colors of individual keys according to your liking.
You can also use the software to change the way different keys are implemented and give additional macros and functions to the function keys available on the top of the keyboard. The possibilities are truly endless if you’ve got a Logitech G Pro keyboard and the Logitech G Hub software combo.
A few demerits
Till now we mostly talked about the features, benefits and advantages the Logitech G Pro comes with. It is time we take a look at the different demerits and cons that this keyboard possesses so we know what we’re getting.
- No Switch Replacement Option – Another bad thing about the keyboard is that the keycaps can only use the Romer-G GX switches and not any other switches especially Cherry MX because the housing isn’t designed for any other kind of non-proprietary switches.
- No Dedicated Media Keys – There are two buttons, the game mode, and the brightness control but no actual dedicated multimedia keys. They’re incorporated with the function keys to be used along with the Fn key of the keyboard which can be considered as a con.
- Large Empty Space Above the Top Row – In order to house the game mode and brightness along with the large G logo, the space above the top key row is too long. In an ideal design, it could’ve been used better and housed a few more buttons and controls I believe. It just lacks functionality in my opinion.
Logitech G Pro vs G915 vs G213
On its own, the Logitech G Pro keyboard is one of the best TKL keyboards in the market right now and the price isn’t too much either in comparison to some of the other mechanical gaming keyboards in the market.
But if you compare the Logitech G Pro to a newer Logitech G915, you’re definitely going to see a lot of differences. Even though, the 915 is far more expensive, the value and the features are much better in my opinion.
Comparing to an older keyboard like the Logitech G213, you’re going to see that the Logitech G Pro keyboard easily wins the competition and provides incredible results. So, comparatively, the Logitech G Pro is a really good option if you’re going to buy it.
Interested? Get the Logitech G Pro Keyboard available on Amazon
The Logitech G Pro keyboard is a decently priced high-quality RGB mechanical gaming keyboard. One thing you might be wondering by now, is it worth the money? Well, yeah, it definitely is.
If you’ve got a good budget and you’re looking for an ultimate gaming experience, the Logitech G Pro has got literally everything you’d want it. And at the same time, it’s sturdy and firm and will last you a year or a couple. So, if you’re getting it, you’re definitely going to have an amazing experience.