Gaming as a whole has evolved a lot over the course of the last couple of decades. Still, one particular gaming genre – sim racing has reached incredible peaks of advancement with technology, controllers, VR immersion, and even high-quality, specialized gaming chairs being manufactured to enhance the experience.
You might be wondering how gaming chairs help in getting the perfect sim racing experience? And what are the best gaming chairs for sim racing? Well, that’s exactly what I’m here to tell you.
The top 5 best gaming chairs for sim racing are:
- DXRacer PS/Combo/200
- GT Omega Pro Cockpit
- GTR Simulator GTA-F
- Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit
- Playseat Sensation PRO Gaming Chair
In this article, I’m going to talk about gaming chairs, what they have to offer, things you need to consider before you buy a gaming chair for sim racing, along with a list of the top 5 gaming chairs in the market perfect. So, make sure you read this article till the very end before you make your final buying decision.
In a hurry? My favorite gaming chair for racing sims is the GTR Simulator GTA-F. You can get it from amazon.com
Table of Contents
How do Great Gaming Chairs Help with Sim Racing?
So, what’s the deal with gaming chairs? Why are they so popular and cherished by gamers and non-gamers alike? The answer to that is simple; it enhances the sitting experience. It provides luxury and comfort, which makes long hours of sitting actually enjoyable.
Let’s take a look at some of the best benefits and advantages of gaming chairs over office chairs and others so we can truly understand why people think of a gaming chair when they think of complete sitting relaxation.
- Added Comfort – The foam that modern gaming chairs use, along with the high-quality fabrics, is incredibly amazing when it comes to comfort. You’re going to be able to sit in the chair for long periods of time without feeling anxious and problematic.
- Complete Customization – If you’re looking to make the chair your own by adjusting the various elements according to your stature, then you’re going to love the customizability and adjustability options that most gaming chairs come with.
- Beautiful Aesthetics – One of the main selling points of racing-style gaming chairs is the fact that they’re designed to be incredibly aesthetic in comparison to office chairs in addition to being super-duper comfortable and relaxing.
- Provides a sense of immersion – When you’ve got all the comfort, relaxation, and calmness in a chair, no matter what activity you might be performing, gaming or working, you’re going to feel immersed in it to the point where you’d have a much better overall experience.
Buying Guide for Sim Racing Gaming Chairs
Sim racing gaming chairs are specialized gaming chairs that come as complete driving seat packages or, as we say, cockpits. From wheelbases to pedal areas and the gaming chair itself, you’ve got everything in there.
Finding the perfect sim racing gaming chair can be difficult because there are many options, and some of them are extremely expensive without any unique stand-out features. That’s why I’ve made a list of the most important factors you need to consider when you’re buying the perfect sim racing gaming chair for maximum immersion in your gameplay.
A sim racing gaming chair frame needs to be super-durable, especially if you’ve got a bigger body frame. If the structure is made of metal or steel, you’re good to go because it’s durable, but anything less would mean less durability, which won’t be great.
Most sim racing gaming cockpits come with a proper racing sim structure but not the works like a proper driving wheel controller or a pedal set. That’s why choosing a gaming chair set that offers the most variety in terms of compatibility regarding these elements is what we need to find.
In terms of design, the overall structure of the gaming chair needs to be slim and compact enough to be placed perfectly in your room, but at the same time, we easy to get in and get out of. And the visual aesthetics and how beautiful the design also matters a lot.
When it comes to adjustability, you need as much as you can get in a sim racing gaming chair. To make the gaming chair your own, you need to adjust it as you’d like because that’s important if you want a completely immersive experience.
There’s no sim racing gaming chair without a proper racing styled seat that is comfortable to sit in. That’s why you need to make sure the material of the cloth, as well as the foam within, is soft and comfy so you can sit on the chair for long hours and have the time of your life.
Top 5 Gaming Chairs for Sim Racing
|Gaming Chair||Price Comparison|
|GT Omega Pro Cockpit||$$$$|
|GTR Simulator GTA-F||$$|
|Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit||$$$|
|Playseat Sensation PRO Gaming Chair||$$$$$|
Looking to buy a high-quality gaming chair for sim racing? Well, you’re lucky because I’m here to provide you with my list of the top 5 best gaming chairs for sim racing in terms of features, specs, and comfort level. So, let’s look at these chairs, what they have to offer, pros, cons, and everything in between.
1. DXRacer PS/Combo/200
DXRacer is known worldwide for creating some of the best mid-ranged and high-tech gaming chairs with incredible designs and amazing comfort levels. Their PS/Combo/200 takes on the sim racing style design and contains superb amounts of adjustability and a reasonable price for the whole package.
Let’s take a look at some of the rich features of this amazing gaming chair.
- Complete Adjustability – Everything from the Wheel Base to the Gear Shifters, Pedal Base with 5 gears to adjust angles, a Backrest that can be adjusted 170 degrees, and wheel height is completely adjustable. In fact, there is also a sliding mechanism for achieving the perfect distance between the driving wheel and the seat in the PS/Combo/200.
- Compatibility – The wheelbase in this chair is compatible with the Logitech G25 and G27 driving kits, which are quite high-quality, so you know you’re going to have a great time with this chair. It also features 2 shifter stands for each cockpit.
- Superb Design – The overall design of the driving cockpit by DXRacer is incredibly stunning looking, and at the same time, it is quite modular and sharp.
- Great Comfort Level – When you isolate the gaming chair itself, it is one of the best that DXRacer has to offer and the comfort level along with the foam material and the PU leather fabric.
Pros and Cons
There are some good and some not so good takeaways from this particular gaming chair. Let’s take a look at them.
|Foldability – If you detach the chair, the overall wheel structure is easily foldable and movable anywhere you want, which is great.||Less Compatible – There isn’t much compatibility in this machine, but the compatible driving kits are quite high-quality but expensive.|
|Durable Design – The frame of the sim racing cockpit by DXRacer uses brushed steel, which makes it incredibly durable.|
|Good Price – The price of this machine is pretty decent if you take a look at competing options.|
Overall, the DXRacer PS/Combo/200 is a great gaming chair for sim racing. It has all the features and adjustability that you’ll need at a solid price. So, do consider it when you’re in the market.
Interested? Check Availability at pcandparts.com
2. GT Omega Pro Cockpit
GT Omega makes some of the best gaming chairs and racing simulator cockpits in the market. Their Omega Pro Cockpit is a work of art for high-quality features, incredibly designed gaming chair, great value for money, and amazing comfort factor.
Let’s delve into some more detailed features of this gaming chair.
- Steel Tubing Build – The entire frame of the GT Omega Pro Cockpit is made of high-quality, durable and strong steel tubes which can withstand a weight of over 200kgs.
- Adjustable Wheel Base – The wheelbase height is completely adjustable, and the gear shifter mount is also quite adaptable. You can make it your own and customize it according to your liking.
- High Compatibility – The one great thing about GT Omega Pro is that it is compatible with the most popular driving kits, ready for Logitech, Fanatec, and other company kits.
- Extra Attachments – You’ve got the ability to put extra attachments through mounts like cup holder, speakers, and an included keyboard tray as well.
Pros and Cons
Having a lot of features, the GT Omega Pro comes with a few pros and cons. Let’s take a look at them.
|Good Price – The price in terms of value for money for the GT Omega Pro Gaming Chair is pretty great, in my opinion.||Long Overall Frame – When it comes to foldability and portability, there’s not much of it in the Omega Pro.|
|Modular Design – The design of this cockpit is quite modular, and it roughly takes 2 hours to set it all up.||No Sliding Adjustability – There isn’t any sliding mechanism that you can use to control the distance between the wheel and the chair.|
As a whole, the GT Omega Pro Cockpit is a pretty decent gaming chair for sim racing having tons of features and a few add-ons to make the experience better. So, if you’ve got a moderate budget, you’ll quite like it.
3. GTR Simulator GTA-F
Back in the day, when we used to think about immersive gaming in the future, we used to think about the immersion that the GTA-F provides. Tons of features, incredibly comfortable GTR racing-style chair, and top-notch quality makes it one of the best in the market.
Here are some of the features of the GTA-F:
- Alloy Steel Design – This amazing gaming chair cockpit is made of alloy steel which makes the overall structure of this gaming cockpit incredibly durable.
- Monitor Mount – One additional feature that isn’t available in many gaming chairs is the single or trip monitor mount that comes with the GTA-F gaming chair.
- Peak Adjustability – From the wheelbase to the distance between the wheel and the chair, shift gears, chair backrest, and everything in between are completely adjustable.
Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this gaming chair.
|Superb Comfort – The soft and cushy material used in the GTR gaming chair is incredibly comfortable and lets you sit in the chair without getting back pain or any muscle problems.||Expensive – The GTR Simulator GTA-F is quite expensive even though it has all the incredible features and design aspects of a great gaming chair for sim racing.|
|Amazing Design – The color combination, along with the overall design of the chair and the structure, is great.|
|Great Compatibility – The GTR Simulator GTA-F is compatible with the most popular brand driving kits and wheel kits.|
Ultimately, if you’ve got a big-budget and you want the highest quality of immersion, I’d say you should definitely go with the GTR Simulator GTA-F because of how feature-full and comfortable it is.
Interested? Check Availability at amazon.com
4. Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit
Conquer are quite popular in the gaming chair industry as one of the top sellers. Their high-quality yet subtle racing simulator cockpit is one of the best value gaming chairs in the market with tons of features.
Let us dive into the features of this great racing sim cockpit.
- Powder-coated Steel Frame – The frame and structure of this epic gaming chair and sim racing cockpit is made with steel and powder-coated for enhanced durability.
- Adjustable Components – Along with a shift gear, sliding mechanism, wheelbase, and height adjustability, you’ve also got a backrest angling adjustment that you can use to make the chair your own.
- Compact Design – The design of the overall gaming cockpit is quite modular and compact, making it perfect for smaller spaces and even your room if you want to put it there.
- Comfy Racing Chair – The comfort level of the racing style chair itself on an individual aspect is quite amazing, and you’re going to feel relaxed on the Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit.
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of the Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit:
|Great Value – The price to feature value of this gaming chair is quite amazing.||Not great for heavily weighted people – This chair is durable, but the weight capacity isn’t that great, so heavyweight people should avoid it.|
|Monitor Mount Addition – If you want, you can get an additional monitor mount, but it is sold separately.|
|Compatibility – This gaming cockpit is also compatible with all popular brand kits, including Thrustmaster, Fanatec, Logitech, etc.|
Conquer Racing Simulator Cockpit is a great value for money, full of features, yet simple gaming chair for sim racing, and if you’re on a tight budget, you’ll be able to feel luxurious and immersed into the games quite well.
5. Playseat Sensation PRO Gaming Chair
When it comes to gaming chairs for sim racing, the absolute cream of the crop is the Playseat Sensation PRO Gaming Chair. It comes packed with adjustability, compatibility, and features, but beware of its incredibly high, almost luxurious price.
Here are some of the major features of this gaming cockpit:
- Light Adjustment System – The adjustment system for the chair and the wheelbase and shift gears is quite easy to handle despite the heavy-duty construction of the cockpit.
- Racing Styled Luxury Seat – The seat looks superb and feels as warm, comfy, and relaxing as you’d expect for the price range.
- Durable Steel Frame – The overall structure of the Playseat Sensation PRO Gaming Chair is very durable with a steel frame construction.
- TV Stand – The TV Stand that comes with this gaming chair can hold up a monitor or TV over 50 inches, which is amazing for a sim racing cockpit.
Pros and Cons
Let’s take a gander at the pros and cons of this chair.
|Complete Compatibility – The great thing about this chair is that it is compatible with all-wheel and pedal kits.||Overpriced – One major problem with this gaming chair is that it is quite overpriced if you look at the features, even though everything is of luxury quality.|
|Race-proven Metallic Coating – Metallic coating on the steel frame makes the structure even more durable.||Not very portable – Another problem is that it is quite hefty and huge, which means that it won’t be very portable if you want to move it.|
It is an absolutely wonderful product, but I believe it is incredibly overpriced. If you’ve got the funds to spare, then I’d suggest you go for the Playseat Sensation PRO. Otherwise, there are other better value gaming chairs for sim racing available in this list.
Interested? Check Availability at playseatstore.com
Sim racing gaming chairs are becoming extremely popular in today’s world, where gaming technology is moving towards the most immersive experiences. If you choose to get one of these incredible gaming chairs, I assure you, you’re going to have a blast while playing your favorite racing sim.
In my opinion, the best option on this list is the GTA-F Model Racing Simulator by GTR. It’s a very high-quality product for a great price. It’s also super easy to set up and get started.
We have discussed here the pros and cons of each one of the chairs to make the decision easier for you. So, make your choice and get your sim racing gaming chair right now!