If you’re an office worker or someone who’s looking to casually use their computer and you want a decent quality wireless keyboard and mouse combo for your computer setup, a very good option can be the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300.
You might be wondering, why are the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 a good option? Well, that’s exactly what I’m here to tell you.
In this article, I’m going to talk about the design, construction, build quality, features, and some of the cons of this keyboard and mouse combo. I’m going to provide you with a complete review of the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300. So, sit back, relax, and read this article till the very end.
In a hurry? Get the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 on Amazon!
Table of Contents
Design and Build-Quality
From first looks, the design of both the keyboard and the mouse looks very good. The shiny finish along with the color as well as the overall construction of the keyboard and the mouse looks pretty good.
The size of the keyboard is also very decent. It is primarily plastic which is about what you’d expect in this price range. There is not a lot of weight to the keyboard and the mouse and there’s no flex either which is good.
The mouse is well-designed and has a soft click to it. Both the mouse and the keyboard uses 2 AAA batteries to function which is common in wireless keyboard and mouse combinations.
The overall quality of the keyboard and the mouse is quite decent which is what you’d expect from HP. One thing that I didn’t like was the small form factor of the mouse. You can’t really get a good grip on it – or maybe my hands are too big. Otherwise, this really is a good combo.
Smooth Feel of the Keyboard
Contrary to expectations for such a cheap wireless keyboard, the feel of the overall structure is quite good. It is meant for casual and office computer users and it really fits into the professional vibe.
There’s a lack of RGB but that’s basically because gaming is not what this keyboard is primarily built for. Although, it definitely is a very viable option and you can game quite a lot using this keyboard. The HP Wireless Keyboard 300 is a well-designed keyboard with smooth feeling imprints overall.
Decent Clicks of the Mouse
The mouse has me having mixed feelings. A few things I really like about this mouse are the ease of connectivity along with the stylish design that it comes with. Paired with the 1600 DPI of the HP Wireless Mouse 300, you’ve got a solid office mouse contender.
But the size of the mouse is very small in my opinion. Compared to some of the other HP keyboard and mouse combos, this one is definitely significantly smaller and that’s an issue for me. If you’re alright with that, I think you’re definitely going to like this mouse for the price that it comes for.
Impressive KeyPress and Nice Switches
The Wireless Keyboard 300 is a good standard keyboard. That is something we’ve established. But the best thing about it is the key presses. They’re incredibly smooth, soft, and feel pretty great. The responsiveness of the wireless keyboard is also pretty good.
The keyboard uses rubber dome switches which give out a minor sound along with slight tactile feedback which I believe is nice but obviously can’t be compared to mechanical key switches. Still, the switches are really nice and you’re going to like them.
The HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 comes with a micro receiver USB that controls both the keyboard and the mouse with a 2.4GHz frequency wireless connectivity.
This small dongle is capable of transferring the input instructions pretty smoothly and quickly to the computer allowing you to type fast and click on files with a lot of paces.
The connectivity is fairly simple and easy. All you need to do is plug the receiver in, and turn the devices on. They’ll pair and connect with the computer without a problem and you can use them from a long distance as well which is not something you can do with wired keyboards and mice.
Quick Access and Multimedia Keys
The best thing about this keyboard by HP is without a doubt the excessive quick access and multimedia keys. On either side of the keyboard, there are additional keys and buttons for the ease of the user.
On the left side, you’ve got the document open, close, cut, copy, paste buttons which at the start might seem just alright, but for an office worker who’s using a document and makes use of the cut, copy and paste commands a lot, these quick access buttons can be life-saving, helping the person save a ton of time in their work.
At the same time, on the right side, you’ve got the multimedia control buttons. If you’re watching a movie, playing a song, or streaming a YouTube video, using the multimedia buttons you can easily manipulate the media playing on your computer without using any other key or device. So, definitely for the sake of the quick access keys and the multimedia buttons, I’d suggest you get yourself an HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 Combo.
Features of the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300
For a very small price, what kind of benefits, advantages, and features can you expect from your keyboard? Well, don’t worry because I’ve got the answer to that question. Let’s take a look at all the features that the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 comes with.
- Ergonomic Keyboard – The keyboard is raised ergonomically to support the user. Along with that, you’ve got the soft padding at the lower end of the keyboard which resembles a palm rest. This helps the user stay on the keyboard for hours without encountering any muscle strain.
- Wireless Nature – In comparison to wired input devices, wireless devices are always better because of the no wired restriction. The battery timing of this keyboard and mouse is also really good which helps the case of wireless keyboards and mice over wired ones.
- Sturdy Design – If you’re expecting this combo to get wear and tear and lose its shape in a few months, that’s not what’s going to happen. The HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 comes with a fairly sturdy design that will last you a long time.
- Extra Buttons – With the additional buttons like the quick access keys and the multimedia functions, you’ve got more options and usability in this keyboard and mouse combo.
- 1600 DPI – The Mouse seems like it’s not a great option but for a casual office mouse, the 1600 DPI is definitely a good offer. That’s why I think the overall keyboard and mouse combo can really be effective if put to the right kind of use.
- Height Adjustability – You’ve got the option to raise the keyboard and adjust the height using the elevation feet under the keyboard. This helps a lot if you’re comfortable at a certain angle the keyboard is placed in. So, that’s definitely helpful.
A Few Issues
Up till now, we’ve mostly talked about the benefits and the features of the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 combo. Let’s take a look at some of the cons and the demerits of this product.
- No RGB lighting – If you’re a gamer looking for a cheap RGB mouse and keyboard, I’ve got bad news for you because this combo doesn’t feature any of it.
- No software manipulation – There aren’t any programmability and macro setup options. This combo is a simple wireless USB plug and play set of devices and there’s not much to them.
- Small Mouse – The size of the mouse in comparison to other office keyboard and mouse combos is very small, and that’s something a lot of people might have an issue with.
HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse vs other HP Keyboard and Mouse Combos
On its own, the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 is definitely a good option if you’re looking for cheap combos, but how does it compare to the older and newer products of HP? Well, let’s see. In comparison to the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 200, this definitely offers better features, design, comfort, and productivity. That’s why I’d say it has got a huge upper hand.
But if you compare the keyboard with the Pavilion range of mechanical keyboards or the mouse with the gaming variants made by HP, you’re definitely going to see a lot of features lacking in the 300 series but that’s because of the low price tag too. So, getting this combo won’t be a bad deal for you.
Interested? Get the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 available on Amazon
The HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 300 is a great option for casual and office computer users. If you’ve got a limited budget and you want decent wireless input devices that get the job done adequately and offer a few add-ons, this is the product for you. I hope you have an amazing experience with your keyboard and mouse combo.