The average number of mouse clicks in a day varies from user to user. If you’re a gamer, for example, you may click the mouse 1,000 to 5,000 times a day. But any other user who might just need to browse the internet or do some other task on the PC may just click up to 500 times a day.
You might be wondering, how many mouse clicks are performed per day by the average user? Well, if that’s the case, then you’re in the right place because that’s what we’ll talk about here.
In this article, I’m going to talk about the average mouse clicks per day and pro gamers’ mouse click average. We will also discuss the lifespan of clicks of most mice nowadays and how many mouse clicks per day are ideal.
Finally, we will look at the best mouse in terms of click span available on the market right now. So, without wasting any time, let’s get to it right away.
Table of Contents
What is the Average Mouse Click Number Per Day?
According to researchers, casual computer users press the mouse click button over 428 times per day for their less than required computer usage and no specific application or program usage.
This usage can include the simple file and folder clicks as well as the clicks you might perform surfing the internet, checking out different features, or even communicating through the internet.
However, there is no specialized usage included in this number because it only concerns the average mouse clicks per day like design applications, gaming requirements, or other uses that office workers or gamers might have.
How Many Times Do Pro Gamers Click the Mouse Every Day?
When it comes to pro gamers, the whole game changes drastically. That’s because most gamers, especially the ones who are used to playing multiplayer games require a lot of mouse button usage, and if they’re pro gamers, you can expect their daily gaming sessions to last anywhere from 6-8 hours.
Through surveys, researchers have found that pro gamers click the mouse from 3000 to 5000 times per day which is almost tenfold greater than casual computer users as expected. This particular number of clicks also includes the regular casual usage clicks every day as well.
The same is the average for designers and other specialized mouse users that utilize the mouse buttons for professional and office work. So, we can say that pro gamers and specialized workers tend to use the mouse click almost the same amount every single day.
What is the Average Click Lifespan of Mice?
To make sure that you’re pressing the mouse buttons the right way and to calculate how long the buttons are effectively going to work, you need to learn about the average click lifespan of the button that your mice offer on their own.
Depending upon the model and the company that your mouse belongs to, the average click lifespan of the mice you’re using can be different. However, there is a general consensus that is associated with the average lifespan of most of the clicks that generic mice use nowadays.
Most companies utilize mouse buttons and clicks that offer a 20 million click lifespan in them. Depending upon how much you click on your mouse every single day, you can effectively determine the total years your mouse is going to last before you need a replacement for the switches or the entire mouse, which is what happens in most cases.
How Many Clicks Per Day Can Shorten Your Mouse’s Lifespan?
Honestly speaking, if you need to worry about how many times you press your mouse buttons every day, then you’re using the wrong mouse to start with because there’s a lot more that you need to focus on before you think about the mouse clicks per day.
It is true that pro gaming or specialized usage can reduce your mouse’s lifespan, but the effect is not as much as you’d expect it to be. The average mouse tends to last for around 10 years with casual usage and around 7-8 years with specialized excessive usage.
Computer mice are peripherals that you should upgrade every few years depending upon which is the best model available in the market whether you’re a pro gamer or you’re using it for office work purposes. So, you won’t really have to worry about the mouse lifespan typically or how many clicks per day you need to make sure your mouse is able to last longer.
Why Get a Mouse with a Longer Click Lifespan?
Not sure why the extra click lifespan is worth the extra price? Well, let’s take a look at some of the major reasons you should most definitely get a mouse with a long click lifespan and how it will help your overall experience of using the computer and performing your activities.
- Better Tactility – When it comes to mice that offer a longer click lifespan, it is usually due to the fact that the switches being used are higher-quality and are more tactile. This tactility is going to lead to an overall enhanced experience which is exactly what we need.
- Longer Lasting Mouse – If you’re buying a mouse for an expensive price, you’re going to want it to last for a long time. Also, once you get used to the mouse, you’re going to want to use it as your main choice. That’s why the longevity of a mouse is quite important which such a mouse will offer.
- Enhanced Features – It’s evident that a higher quality mouse with a better click lifespan is going to have enhanced features and option inclusions that are better for your overall experience. That’s why getting such a mouse is definitely going to be a better option for you.
SteelSeries Prime: Best Click Lifespan Mouse in the Market
One of the best gaming mice available in the market right now, a part of the SteelSeries Pro Series of peripherals, the SteelSeries Prime is a wonderful quality wired mouse that comes with amazing switches, very impressive features and specs, and a high-quality stylish build, all for a decent and mid-ranged price, perfect for all users.
Features and Specs
Let’s take a look at the major features and specs of the SteelSeries Prime Gaming Mouse.
- 5 Programmable Buttons – When it comes to programmability, there are 5 buttons on the SteelSeries Prime that you can change around according to your liking and your requirement through a high-quality software that comes with the mouse making customization very simple and easy.
- 100 million Click Lifespan – The unbelievably amazing optical magnetic switches used in this gaming mouse by SteelSeries comes with a high-tactile capability as well as over 100 million click lifespan, which is a first-time occurrence in Esports gaming mice.
- 18K CPI – This mouse also features a high-quality CPI rate of over 18K as well as a 1-to-1 lift and tilt tracking capability. The high-quality True Move Pro sensor is incredible and perfect for all kinds of mouse controls that you might need for your specialized usage.
- Ergonomic Design – One of the best things about this high-quality gaming mouse is the fact that it comes with an ergonomic design that is perfectly crafted for all kinds of grips from palm to the claw, and even the fingertip grip, or a hybrid of all of these.
- Durable Build – When it comes to the overall build durability and strength of this mouse, it has a lot to offer. The design is quite firm and durable, capable of holding its shape for a long time to come.
Pros and Cons
|Decent Price – If we talk about the price to the features ratio of this mouse, without a doubt, the SteelSeries Prime is one of the best mice available right now.||No Excessive Lighting – One of the problems that you might face if you’re a fan of RGB lighting is that this mouse doesn’t feature a lot of RGB lighting in it.|
|Lightweight Design – The design of the SteelSeries Prime is so perfect for Esports requirements that it only weighs right about 69g, which is the perfect weight for such a mouse.||CPI Button Placement Could Be Better – The CPI button is placed on the bottom which makes it difficult to click while gaming and that could also be an issue for some people as well.|
|Aesthetic Look – The look and the feel of the SteelSeries Prime are perfectly gaming forward and it will match with all kinds of themes for gaming PCs.|
Knowing how many clicks an average user performs in a day is good especially if you want to purchase a mouse that comes with a high click lifespan. Gamers usually need high-quality mice with durable switches that will last for a long time no matter how many clicks they perform in a day.
In this post, we looked at the mouse that offers the best click lifespan in addition to finding out the average number of clicks performed per day by different types of users. Hope you learned a lot from this guide and are now in a position to buy the best mouse for your needs.